Friday, February 10, 2012

Mora, the vindictive dream-destroyer


This time I present to you: "The Mora". I found it particularly difficult to find more resources about the nature of this being, and much more regarding her origins. At some point I thought she might have been related to the 'deaths' or 'furies' of Greek origins, however, that idea was soon dismissed, as I had no further sources to clarify it.

I had the good fortune of comissioning the talented Jace for this entry. It took me a while getting around to posting it (sorry, Jace!), but I can finally share it. I think he captured all the attributes that represent Mora: the elegance and sensuality; the ephemeral feel of her nature, just like dreams.
You can check more of Jace's fantastic artwork at his gallery; be ready to drop your jaw in awe at the sheer beauty of the pieces he produces.

http://jace-wallace.deviantart.com/








No comments:

Post a Comment